Thing’s To Do
Cape Town is no doubt one of the most stunning places on earth. Along with it’s beautiful scenery, there’s plenty of indoor and outdoor activities for both young and old. Suburban Bliss is situated close to all major amenities in the northern suburbs of Cape Town, and the Durbanville & Stellenbosch wine routes are just minutes away.
Aquarium (43min drive 36km)
Experience the incredible diversity of the Indian and Atlantic Oceans at one of Cape Town’s top tourist attractions. The Aquarium exhibits a wide range of marine life e.g. Sharks, penguins, seals, sunfish and much more. Open daily 365 days a year 09H30 to 18H00.
Beaches are a scenic 39 minutes’ drive from Suburban Bliss. Head out to Blaauberg’s Big Bay and Melkbos via the winding Durbanville Winelands, or to Clifton’s world famous beaches on the Atlantic Seaboard.
A nature reserve within the Table Mountain National Park, Cape Point encompasses 7750 hectares of rich and varied flora and fauna, including buck, baboons, Cape Mountain zebra as well as over 250 species of birds.
Castle of Good Hope (39min drive 34km)
This is the oldest existing colonial building in South Africa and was built by the Dutch East India Company (VOC). It acted as a replenishment station for ships passing along the coast around the Cape, on long Voyages between the Netherlands and the Dutch East Indies. It also protected from pirates and competitors plying the trade routes between Europe and Asia.
- BELLVILLE GOLF COURSE – 021 913 3100 (18 min drive)
- DEVONVALE GOLF COURSE – 021 – 888 4735 (23 min drive)
- DURBANVILLE GOLF COURSE – 021 – 975 4834 (8 min drive)
- ERINVALE GOLF COURSE – 021 – 847 1144 (46 min drive)
- TYGERVALLEY GOLF VILLAGE (DRIVING RANGE) – 021-948 5673 (21 min drive)
Grand West Casino (31min drive 27km)
Sun International’s Inner City Casino and entertainment world.
Kirstenbosch (42min drive 40km)
Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden is acclaimed as one of the great botanic gardens of the world, dedicated to indigenous flora. Few gardens can match the sheer grandeur of the setting of Kirstenbosch, with 60 Hectares nestled against the eastern slopes of Cape Town’s Table Mountain. They are also known for hosting Open air concerts and recitals on Sundays, breakfasts and teas.
- The Barnyard Theater: vibrant, uplifting and highly entertaining shows featuring the greatest hits, well-known South African bands, comedians and performers.
- Die Boer: Die Boer is the premier “dinner & live entertainment under one roof” venue in the Western Cape. Offering 6 shows a week, Die Boer caters for just about every taste under the African sun.
Robben Island, Just 12 kms from Cape Town, this world heritage site is not to be missed. Take a ferry ride from the V & A Waterfront to Robben Island for an informative and fun filled day..
Table Mountain (59min drive 41km)
Table Mountain’s Magical views, winding walkways, inquisitive rock rabbits and masses of indigenous flora. An unequalled cable car ride!